FOR THIS RACE ONLY if you’re racing more than once you’ll wear the same bib number for all categories. However you still need to check in for ALL categories at the Reg desk. Thanks!
- The first new venue in the CCC in a while, Quarry Cross at The Forge is hosted by EMC2 / Elmhurst Masters and the DuPage Cycling Foundation.
- Race flyer and website at elmhurstcyclingclassic.com
- Venue provided by The Forge forgeparks.com
- Online pre-registration on BikeReg is open until midnight tomorrow (Friday).
- Preliminary Staging will be posted here Saturday morning.
- The Forge Zip Line Park will be open for normal operations. The Kids Adventure Zone adjacent to the race is $20 for an all-day pass.
- Team tents are welcomed on The Lawn in front of the stage. The Forge has two large community tents permanently set up, so not bringing your team tent can be an option.
- Directions: Please use 227 Heritage Quarries Drive in your GPS. Follow signs from there to the main parking lots. Please obey the 10mph speed limit on the mile plus drive in.
- Parking: There is plenty of parking, please park in designated lots and do not block entry/exit roadways.
– All podium finishers will receive park vouchers compliments of The Forge.
– Age Group and Category Winners will receive THE GOLDEN CROWN OF CHAMPIONS provided by Walden Florist of Downers Grove.
– Juniors that make it to the Candy Podium will receive a “Lemonsters” t-shirt compliments of Lemont Downtown.
– A variety of podium prizes compliments of the DuPage Cycling Foundation.
- There will be a special first lap Reaper Prime for the first racer over the Lemontstairs for each field.
- The winner of the Cat 5 race will win the first ever Golden Turkey Trophy sponsored by honeyacrewoods.info.
- All racers 21 and older will get a ticket for a free beer provided by Pollyanna Brewing of Lemont. The tap is in The Foundry on site, where they also sell beer, pop, wine hot coffee and hot chocolate all day.
- Food: Big Ed’s Shed BBQ & Grilling of Lemont. Award winning Texas Red Chili and All Hallows Eve Pumpkin Soup (Vegetarian).
- Tacomotora of Chicago. The best Mexican Tacos. “Full Stop!”.
- Racer will have access to a hospitality tent for stretching/massage before or after races courtesy of Rehabitconciergephysicaltherapy.com
- The Course: Runs counter clockwise. Brand new venue = new for everyone course with six distinct features.
– The Runway = a long gravel start
– The Bedrock Pond = a long off camber challenge
– The Range = a series of tunes on loose mulch
– The Arena = A run-up followed by tree slalom.
– The North Shore = A & B line singletrack choices ending with three wood plank banked turns.
– The Hoogerheide = our version of the famous Dutch course with a hay bale run up “The Lemontstairs”