- Jackson Park? Weren’t we just there? Yes – xXx Racing received short notice that Schiller Woods was not available and Indian Lakes is definitely no longer available so we’re back at Jackson Park in the Chicago Park District. REPEAT: The race is at Jackson Park on Sunday. There’s not a lot of space in this location, but we’ll make it work, and its better than no race at all. Let’s all pitch in and make it another great CCC race.
- Pre-registration is open on BikeReg until tomorrow (Friday) night at midnight. Don’t delay, reg today!
- Staging: Remember for the 2nd race and the rest of the series the front row of each category will be staged by series points, while everyone else is staged by CrossResults.com points. See full staging protocols over on the Rules/FAQ page.
- Preliminary staging will be posted here on Saturday. Sometimes the link between BikeReg and CrossResults is not correct, so please, please check your staging on Saturday and not Sunday on the start line. We will NOT be able to adjust incorrect CrossResults points on Sunday.
- Directions: Set your GPS to 1987 E Hayes Drive in Chicago. While there is still construction in the area for the Obama library, Hayes Drive should once again be accessible both from Stony Island Ave and Lake Shore Drive. Check the link below for any last-minute road closures: https://jacksonparkimprovements.org/traffic-updates
- Parking: DO NOT PARK in the boat launch lot adjacent to the course. Ample parking is available in the PAID lot on the north side of Hayes Drive. You can drop off equipment, tents, etc. in the boat launch parking lot but then you MUST move your vehicle. Thanks!
- The Chicago Marathon also takes place on Sunday morning and while there are no closures on the highways, Lake Shore Drive, or any of the nearby surface streets, please allow for extra travel time just in case.
- Food: Unfortunately with the late venue change xXx Racing was not able to arrange for a food truck so please plan to be self-sufficient for food and beverages.
- Autumn weather looks to be heading our way with Sunday morning temps in the 40’s. Please dress and pack extra clothes accordingly.
- Bib numbers are always on your left side for all CCC races.
- The course: while we are using the same patch of land as Relay CX, we’ll be changing things up by running the course counter-clockwise (i.e. backwards from the direction Relay CX was run), with an all new start/finish and other tweaks throughout.
- Here we go, the first of 7 events in the 2022 Chicago Cyclocross Cup. Please excuse any hiccups as we clear out the cobwebs and get back to business from 2019.
- Did you hear the event is in SCHILLER WOODS Picnic Grove #12? Do NOT go to Caldwell Woods, or you’ll be late to your race!
- We know its been chilly recently, but please plan on bringing as much water as you think you’ll need for the day… and then some. Though there are water pumps available in the park, they are not especially close or convenient to the course… although the course is across the street from a water pump famous enough to have a it’s very own wikipedia page. Drink at your own risk before racing!
- Similarly – please plan to bringing enough food (and beer) to last through the day, as there will NOT be a food truck on premises. The Forest Preserve also requests (demands) that no alcohol is consumed within 50 feet of the parking lot. So bring your long tape measures.
- For anyone looking to register same-day… don’t. Please pre-reg on BikeReg.com. Thanks to everyone who has done so already! If for some reason you can’t find a working Internet connection to BikeReg… please bring exact change to the venue or be prepared to pay electronically via PayPal/Zelle to email@example.com.
- Bonus reminder, only those pre-reg’d on BikeReg will be staged by their CrossResults.com points.
- At the request of the ladies for more competition, the front row of the Single Speed race will be split half & half women and men.
- And finally… as this is a new venue for everyone, the finer details of course route, length, etc. are still being ironed out. Just point your Garmin, TomTom, GoogleMaps, dowsing rods, etc. to Schiller Woods Picnic Grove #12 Irving Park Rd, Chicago, IL 60634 and listen for Kenny’s voice when you get close.
- Let’s race hard and have fun!
UPDATE AS OF 9/27/2019 at 6pm
- This week the CCC returns to
Caldwell Woods Bunker HillIndian Lakes Hotel hosted by xXx Racing-Athletico. The address is 250 W Schick Rd, Bloomingdale, IL 60108. Huuuge thanks to xXx Racing for working together at the 11th hour to pull this race together to start off our season right. You read that right… Due to recent heavy rains, and a forecast wet weekend the Cook County Forest Preserve has required xXx Racing to move the course from our planned Caldwell Woods location to the Bunker Hill grove, just half a mile northwest along the North Branch Trail. To access the new location, DO NOT park at Caldwell Woods, Bunker Hill has a large dedicated parking lot accessible from Caldwell Ave or Harts Road. IMPORTANT DRIVING DIRECTIONS: If approaching from the south or east, allow extra time for travel due to road closures at the Devon/Central/Caldwell/Lehigh/ Metra intersection.
- Live results by One2Go_Results will be here: http://www.livelynxresults.com/ Watch races scored in real time!
- Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight.
- On site number pick up and Day-Of Registration will be in
picnic pavilion near start finish linethe lower level Wright Room at ILR. Look for signs or asking someone who looks like they know what they’re doing.
- Remember reg closes 30 minutes before the schedule start time of each category for everyone, even if you pre-registered on BikeReg you need to pick up your number before 30 minutes before you race.
- Please do not fold or crumple your numbers. If you do you risk not being scored. Numbers on your LEFT side (not your back!).
- Remember women categories (except Single Speed) will receive cloth numbers that you will keep the entire season. Please don’t lose them! You’ll still need to check-in at every race though.
- Speaking of checking in, due to a new partnership between USAC and BikeReg, if you checked the box for the online waiver when you registered on BikeReg and entered your initials, you won’t have to sign a physical piece of paper. You will need to check in with the reg desk and pick up your bib number though. This process is new for everyone and should be more efficient, but please bear with us as we work through any hiccups.
- Unfortunately, One Day license riders (because of lawyers) will still need to sign a waiver regardless of whether you initialed the online waiver.
- Staging for all categories will be by CrossResults.com ranking as detailed on our FAQ page.
- See here for preliminary staging on
FridaySaturday. Also, please check the discrepancies page. If you name is on this page you need to either edit your BikeReg registration (and profile), renew you annual USAC license, etc.
- Results will be posted as soon as possible on the CCC’s 4 sided results board and for all pre-reg’d riders with correct/valid email address in their BikeReg rider profiles results will be emailed to you shortly after you finish. Also, One2Go will have its LiveLynx site updated in real time. Full results will be posted on USAC online Sunday night and series standings will be updated shortly afterward.
- Porta-potties will be located
in the parking lot near registrationsomewhere, TBD. Note that the old restaurant/pro shop/locker room area of the hotel is completely closed right now. There are inside bathrooms up the stairs from registration in the lobby of the hotel. xXx Racing is transferring porta potties from Caldwell to Indian Lakes. If it is indeed super muddy, please use the porta potties more than the indoor facilities.
- Parking: Parking is plentiful. Please only park in marked spots.
- Teams can set up tents anywhere. Being a (re)new(ed) venue and still working out the course, we’re not yet sure where though. It tends to be windy at ILR so please make sure to stake down your tents well.
- Double sided equipment pits staffed by SRAM NRS.
- Food: There are no restaurants or food options at Indian Lakes, but Superdawg delivers via Grubhub, Doordash, or Ubereats. Google Maps is very handy to find things.
IS permitted at Bunker Hill. If you bring your own, DO NOT bring glass bottles,Please be discreet, cans or box wine responsibly only please.
- Remember we are at Indian Lakes Hotel. NOT Bunker Hill, NOT Caldwell Woods, and NOT LaBagh Woods.
- Please continue to use the hashtag #CaldwellCX so everyone at home or in other parts of the country can follow along. You can also use #ILRCX.
- Weather: There is a good deal of rain in the forecast Friday, Saturday, and Sunday… so the ground will be “soggy”. Please plan accordingly.
- The course: As you can imagine with a last minute location change, xXx Racing is still working out the course details, so no course map right now. xXx Racing and the series will do our best to produce a course that is up to CCC standards, but please bear with us.